Porter Academy is currently accepting contracts for the 2023-2024 school year. Submit an inquiry and our Admissions Office will contact you shortly to provide additional information regarding your request.
Thank you for your interest in Porter Academy. Admission to Porter Academy is based on the individual profile stemming from assessments, school reports, a parent interview, and a student visit.
- Contact our Assistant Principal to discuss your child and schedule a tour if it seems we may be a good fit for your child. The tour may be private or part of an open house, if one is upcoming. Please submit an inquiry and our Admissions Office will contact you shortly to provide additional information,
- Student Visit: Student spends a partial day at Porter Academy to help family and Porter Academy staff determine appropriateness of school for that child
- Parent completes an application and pays a $100 fee for student visit
- Additional student visit days may be requested if information gathered on the first day is not sufficient to determine acceptance or referral. There is no additional charge for these additional visits.
- The Assistant Principal will call the parent within two days to discuss the child’s day, acceptance to Porter Academy or referral to other schools that we feel are more appropriate for that child.
- Porter Academy has a rolling admission process and accepts applications throughout the year for the following academic year.
- Current school year transfers are accepted based on availability.
Non Discrimination Policy
Porter Academy admits qualified students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and athletic or other school administered programs
Senate Bill 10 (SB10)
- The Georgia Special Needs Scholarship offers eligible students with disabilities the opportunity to attend an approved private school or another public school. Porter Academy is approved and participates in the voucher program. For further information, please email us at email@example.com
- For information on Georgia Special Needs Scholarship ( SB-10) and applying for a voucher, go to Georgia Department of Education .
Student Scholarships through SSO Tax Credit Program
- Money is available for student scholarships through the SSO Tax Credit program. We utilize FACTS to collect information and make recommendations based on financial need. For more information about applying for scholarship money, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following companies offer student loans for K-12 education.
If you have difficulty opening the forms, you may need to download and install the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Go to the link below and follow the instructions on the Adobe web site to download the correct Reader for your system and install it.